Friday, June 27, 2008

Engeln Spitsenstricken B Done!

I finished my “B” version yesterday. I found it quite difficult to follow all new symbols for the knitting stitches, so I graphed it all out in spreadsheet format with symbols familiar to me and just printed out the parts I needed as I went along knitting.

I LITERALLY had 2 feet left of my yarn!

Blocking was difficult, I had a very hard time getting the two sides to come out symmetrical, so I tried a novel approach, I folded the shawl and blocked. Just had to steam out the fold line when I was done. Finished size is 29” deep and about 60” tip to tip.

DSC08010 blocking


Lisa said...

Holy cow--THAT is gorgeous. I nearly choked on my potato chip!

Must get pattern...

GJabouri said...

Wow - that is a beautiful shawl!