Friday, June 12, 2009

Ron Wyden, Jeff Merkley and the “America’s Pharmaceutical Research Companies and FamiliesUSA”

I sit in front of the TV and knit, a lot more recently since I have been trying to finish some WIP’s that have been on the back burner for months. With more frequency than I can tell you, this ad has been popping up asking me to call each of these Oregon Senators to tell them “thanks for standing up for us – Oregon’s working families”.

Now yesterday this comes in the mail:

DSC09902

What is up with this? Don’t politicians KNOW that voters wonder who pays for political ads?

“FamiliesUSA’ Weren’t they smack dab in the MIDDLE of the Clinton healthcare reform debacle?

And “PhRMA”?? Who is kidding who?

And Gordon Smith, who Merkley defeated, now works HERE

As a taxpayer and voter, I am more than just a bit skeptical, I don’t understand the reasoning behind the ads.

Rather than being comforted by this information that my two Senators “have been there for us”, I want to know who thinks it is so important to tell me this, and WHY?

I am alerted, I am watching, I am more than a bit curious about what is REALLY going on.

Off my chest, feel better already.

No comments: